- Rúa Lope Gómez de Marzoa, s/n
- Campus Sur
- 15782 Santiago de Compostela
The venue is only 10 minutes walking away from city centre and 20 minutes from the old town and the cathedral. You can find detailed information about the city and the university in this web map or this high resolution map.
How to arrive
The international Airport of Lavacolla is located only 15 kms away from the city centre. There is a bus service connecting the airport and the city centre. You can also take a taxi with a fixed rate of 21€.
There are other nearby airports, with international flights, in A Coruña (60 km) and Vigo (90 km). You can reach Santiago from both airports by taking a bus to the city railway station and then one of the frequent trains to Santiago.
At the very centre of the city we also find a railway station, connected to the main Galician and Spanish cities, including Madrid and Barcelona. There are frequent communications along the Atlantic corridor from A Coruña and Vigo. Train tickets can be booked at the Renfe website or, in many cases, bought directly at stations.
The entire Atlantic corridor is linked by motorway or dual carriageway. The A-9 toll road joins A Coruña, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo. This toll road also extends southwards to Portugal (via Porto and Lisbon).
There is also a motorway (A-6, A-52 and AG-53) connecting Madrid and Santiago de Compostela, which is toll-free except for two stretches (Guadarrama tunnels near Madrid, and the section Lalín-Santiago de Compostela).
The official travel agency of the conference is:
- VIAJES SANT YAGO
- Tel.: +34 981 599256
Since the hotel occupancy rate in Santiago de Compostela is high during the dates of the conference, the official travel agency of the workshop offers hotel rooms at an affordable price at San Martín Pinario and Hospedería de San Martín Pinario (reservations in Registration Area). For other reservations, please contact Viajes Sant Yago.
Practical information about the conference
Click image to go to Google Maps.
M: Department of Mathematics. P: Hotel Peregrino. C: Cathedral. Q: Don Quijote. S: Santos. Xu: Xugo. Xa: Xantar. A: Altamira. B: Boca a boca. K: Malak Bistro. V: The Veggie Carmen. 16: O dezaseis. MC: María Castaña.
See below for more information.
You can connect via eduroam, if your affiliation supports it and you have your devices correctly configured.
There are several options to have lunch near the conference venue:
- Some restaurants near the campus, such as Santos, Xugo, Xantar or Altamira, offer lunch menus for around 10-12 euros.
- Downtown and in the historic center there are many kinds of restaurants. Vegan and vegetarian options can be found, for example, at Boca a boca, Malak Bistro, or The Veggie Carmen. Many restaurants offer typical Galician food, such as O Dezaseis or María Castaña.
- The cafeteria-canteens of the Department of Mathematics (same building as the conference), of the Escola Técnica Superior de Enxeñaría - ETSE (200m), or the cafeterias Fonseca and Rodríguez-Cadarso (500m) offer menus for 6 euros. Because of students' schedule, it is recommended to have lunch before 13:30. Some of them are closed during the weekend.