José Carlos Díaz-Ramos
- Associate Professor
- Department of Mathematics
- Faculty of Mathematics
- University of Santiago de Compostela
- 15782 Santiago de Compostela
- Tel.: +34 8818 13363
My research is on Differential Geometry, although I am also interested in other areas of Mathematics and Science. More concretely, my investigation is focused on submanifold geometry, especially in the classification and characterization of the orbits of isometric actions on Riemannian manifolds.
- List of publications
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Research group: Research group in Mathematics GI-2136, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- J. C. Díaz-Ramos, M. Domínguez-Vázquez, A. Rodríguez-Vázquez: Homogeneous and inhomogeneous isoparametric hypersurfaces in rank one symmetric spaces, J. Reine Angew. Math. 779 (2021), 189-222.
- J. C. Díaz-Ramos, M. Domínguez-Vázquez, V. Sanmartín-López: Isoparametric hypersurfaces in complex hyperbolic spaces, Adv. Math. 314 (2017), 756-805.
- J. C. Díaz-Ramos, M. Domínguez-Vázquez, A. Kollross: Polar actions on complex hyperbolic spaces, Math. Z. 287 (2017), 1183-1213.
- J. C. Díaz-Ramos, M. Domínguez-Vázquez: Isoparametric hypersurfaces in Damek-Ricci spaces, Adv. Math. 239 (2013), 1-17.
- J. Berndt, J. C. Díaz-Ramos, H. Tamaru: Hyperpolar homogeneous foliations on symmetric spaces of noncompact type, J. Differential Geom. 86 (2010), 191-235.
- J. Berndt, J. C. Díaz-Ramos: Real hypersurfaces with constant principal curvatures in complex hyperbolic spaces, J. London Math. Soc. 74 (2006), 778-798.
Here is a list of my current teachings activities. You can find a record of my teaching experience in my curriculum vitae in the link above.
- Global Theory of Surfaces, 2022-2023, 2nd semester.
- Mathematics and Statistics II, 2022-2023, 2nd semester.
- Geometry and Topology of manifolds, 2022-2023, 1st semester.
- Teaching group: Algebra/Geometry group in educational innovation GrID-A/XD, University of Santiago de Compostela.
I am currently carrying out the following academic management:
- University Staff Meeting (representative), University of Santiago de Compostela, .
RP: A Python 3 package that implements the tie-breaking methods based on Recursive Performance.
RiemannianGeometry: a Mathematica package to calculate geometric objects of pseudo-Riemannian manifolds.